Happiness Through Horses Mission
Our mission is to transform vulnerable youth struggling with communication, confidence, self-esteem and overall mental wellbeing into young leaders in our community. We provide scholarships that allow children to participate in social, emotional and behavioral growth and learning experiences through work with and around horses.
Happiness Through Horses Impact Statement
Our community has been devastatingly impacted by a dramatic increase in the suicide and incarceration rates among our youth. Happiness Through Horses will dedicate its resources to address and positively impact this critical issue in our community. Happiness Through Horses allows our vulnerable youth a safe place to develop self-esteem and connect with others in a safe, positive and nurturing environment.
Happiness Through Horses – What We Do
Happiness Through Horses provides scholarships for vulnerable youth in the community to participate in equine programs at partnering facilities in the Denver Metro area and surrounding counties. Our mission in to ensure that all children who can benefit from equine therapy receive services through one of our partner programs.
Equine Therapy offers an effective and creative way for our kids to:
- Increase self-worth and personal integrity
- Increase trust and confidence
- Develop healthy relationships
- Develop anger management skills
- Recover from substance use and/or eating disorders
- Heal from trauma
- Reduce loneliness, anxiety and feelings of isolation
- Decrease impulsive and self destructive behaviors
- Learn the difference between assertiveness and aggressiveness
- Gain respect for diversity and individuality
- Learn the importance of teamwork and community
By supporting Happiness Through Horses, you ensure that all vulnerable kids in our community have access to the life-changing experiences of working with horses, and and a chance to live healthier, happier, more successful lives!